Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to mean that the city intends to permit any violation of any federal or state law. The following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
1. "Airpark" or "airport" means the land and facilities owned or controlled by the city of Vancouver known as Pearson Airpark.
2. "Airport advisory committee" means that body which recommends to the city council and city manager on matters pertaining to Pearson Airpark as set forth in Resolution M-545 or as the same may be amended.
3. "Airpark manager" means the individual or individuals designated by the city manager as having responsibility and authority for management of Pearson Airpark.
4. "Airport layout plan" means the most recent approved layout of the airport property, indicating current and proposed usage as approved by the city council by resolution.
5. "Based aircraft" means aircraft occupying hangar or tiedown space at the airpark on a monthly or other fixed-term basis.
6. "City of Vancouver" means a municipal corporation organized under the constitution and statutes of the state of Washington and known as Vancouver, Washington or Vancouver, USA.
7. "Commercial activity" means an operation or service performed for compensation which is conducted on or based at the airpark.
8. "Commercial operator" means any person who owns or operates or who is legally responsible for conduct of a commercial activity.
9. "Adjoining private property" means privately owned property abutting to and adjoining any part of Pearson Airpark.
10. "Employee" means any individual performing services at the airpark for another person and designated as an employee so that federal/state unemployment insurance, federal social security or federal withholding taxes are withheld from wages by his or her employer.
11. "FAA" means the Federal Aviation Administration.
12. "FCC" means the Federal Communications Commission.
13. "Flying club" means a nonprofit corporation or organization (as evidenced by articles of incorporation or other appropriate documents) in which all aircraft are equally owned or leased by all members of the corporation or organization.
14. "Fuel handling" means the transportation, delivering, fueling and draining of aircraft fuel, or any one of the above.
15. "Fixed base operator" means a proprietor of a commercial operation which offers multiple aeronautical related activities and services to the general public.
16. "Itinerant aircraft" means aircraft not based upon the airpark.
17. "Independent contractor" means one who contractually undertakes to perform services for another, but who is not controlled by the other nor subject to the other's right to control with respect to physical conduct in performing the services.
18. "Landing area" means the runway, taxiways, turnoffs and adjoining areas.
19. "Long-term leases" means lease periods of more than two years.
20. "Motor vehicle" means automobiles, trucks, buses, public automobiles, limousines, taxis, and any other vehicle by which persons or property may be transported or carried on land, but not including aircraft.
21. "Operator" means the owner or the person, firm or representative or corporation controlling the operations of any certain aircraft or motor vehicle.
22. "Person" means any individual, firm, copartnership, corporation, company, association, joint stock association or body politic, and includes any trustee, receiver, assignee, or other similar representative thereof.
23. "Rules and regulations" means written rules as have been or are promulgated from time to time by the director of parks to carry out this chapter or other city ordinance or law as needed to protect public health, safety, interests, and welfare on the airpark, and which are consistent with this chapter and which have been adopted as provided herein.
24. "`T' Hangar" means a multiple aircraft storage building individually compartmentalized and normally leased to individual airplane operators.
25. "Tenant" means any person (as defined above) who through agreement with the city occupies and controls use of airpark premises.
26. "Contract or commission services" means a person performing contract or commission services for compensation on the airpark.
27. "Non-aviation services" means restaurants, car rentals and any other non-aeronautical services provided on the airpark.
28. "Fees and charges" means charges directly imposed by the city upon users of the airport for services of direct benefit.
29. "Standards for commercial/noncommercial operations" means rules and regulations which by their terms pertain only to commercial/noncommercial operations on Pearson Airpark. (Ord. M-2733 (part), 1987)