A. Role of the Commission. The transportation and mobility commission shall act in a policy advisory capacity to the city council and/or the city manager in order to support efforts to create and maintain a transportation system that enhances the economic, social and environmental quality of life in Vancouver now and into the future.
B. Recommendations. The transportation and mobility commission shall provide recommendations to city council and/or the city manager concerning:
1. Amendments to this title.
2. The Transportation System Plan (TSP) and Amendments to the Complete Streets Policy.
3. Updates to transportation programs, including but not limited to the following programs: the Six-Year Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), sidewalk management, pavement management, transportation demand management, and transportation safety, accessibility, and mobility.
4. Transportation projects in the public right-of-way that exceed $2,000,000 in estimated project costs, or projects of area-wide significance, even if the $2,000,000 threshold is not met.
5. Other transportation-related matters as directed by city council.
C. Technical Advisory Groups. The transportation and mobility commission may appoint technical advisory groups (TAGs) to which it may assign specific responsibilities. Such TAGs shall make no recommendations except to the transportation and mobility commission as directed.
D. Limitations on Responsibility. The transportation and mobility commission is not responsible for traffic operations, street maintenance, or other activities where staff has received direction and authority from city council.