Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

Click here to view prior versions of this section.

Applications for service to water and/or sewer connections shall be made to the city upon forms prepared by the public works permitting staff. Application shall be made by the owner of the property to be served or by his authorized agent. Application shall be in writing or by personal visit or may be made by telephone under rules to be adopted by the department. Application forms prepared by such department shall provide for securing information as to the date service should commence, where bills should be sent, and the type of service needed (e.g. whether commercial, residential or multi-family).

An application for service shall be only an application until service has begun. It shall then become in effect a contract under which the property owner agrees to pay for service continuously until terminated as provided in this chapter and to observe all provisions of Chapters 14.04 and 14.08 of this title and this chapter, and all rules and regulations promulgated by the departments under said chapters.

Water shall not be turned on to any service until all delinquent water, sewer or surface water bills, main extension agreements, trunk line agreements, sewer connection financing contract, and business taxes and/or similar obligations to the city against the premises to be served have been paid in full or other satisfactory contractual arrangements made. (Ord. M-1588 § 2, 1975; Ord. M-4022 § 54, 09/10/2012)