A. Public records performance report. No later than January 31 of each year, the City Manager will submit to the City Council a report on the City’s performance in responding to public records requests during the preceding year. The report shall include, at a minimum:
1. The number of open public records requests (the size of the queue) at the beginning of the reporting period;
2. The number of public records requests received in the period, by Category;
3. The number of public records request closed in the period, by Category;
4. The number of open public records requests (the size of the queue) at the end of the reporting period.
5. Any other information that the City Manager deems appropriate.
B. Resources devoted to public records disclosure:
1. Starting with the 2017-2018 biennial budget process, the City Council shall biennially determine and establish the amount of resources to be allocated to public records disclosure. The City Council may reevaluate its determination as part of the mid-year budget adjustment and modify the resource allocation. (Ord. M-4083 §2, 2014)