Click here to view prior versions of this section.
A. Exemptions. Unless specified elsewhere in this title, the following development activities are exempt from the procedural requirements of this chapter:
1. Landscaping or landscape alterations, unless such landscaping or alterations would require a permit or approval pursuant to this title or modify or violate an approved plan, plat or a condition of approval of a prior permit. In such instance of modification, the permit shall be processed as a modification of the prior permit under Section 20.210.140 VMC, a plat alteration or other applicable procedure.
2. Normal or emergency repair or maintenance of public or private buildings, structures, landscaping or utilities.
3. A change of any legally-established use except if the change of use requires an increase in the number of parking spaces provided, requires a conditional use permit under Chapter 20.245, requires Type I or Type II site plan approval under Chapter 20.270 VMC, Site Plan Review, or is otherwise classified in this title as a Type I, II, III or IV action.
4. Building permits required pursuant to the City Adopted Building Code for construction not requiring a development application under Title 20.
5. On-site utility permits not obtained in conjunction with a specific development application, including but not limited to sewer hook-ups, water hook-ups, right-of-way permits, grading permits, and fire department permits.
6. Home occupation permits.
7. Sign permits.
8. Approval of escrow agreements/accounts.
9. All developments and buildings that are engaged in agriculture as defined in Chapter 20.160 VMC, Use Classifications.
11. Independent archaeological predeterminations or surveys not associated with a development application.
B. Other regulations apply. Exemptions in (A) above are subject to all other applicable standards and requirements of the Vancouver Municipal Code. (Ord. M-3692 § 12, 02/28/2005; Ord. M-3643, 01/26/2004)