Click here to view prior versions of this section.
A. Application – Fees. The applicant must submit a completed application form as prescribed by the planning official with applicable fee per Chapter 20.180 VMC.
B. Required information.
1. Narrative statement describing the requested variance(s) and demonstration of compliance to the appropriate approval criteria contained in VMC 20.290.040.
2. A site plan drawn to scale legible for digital reproduction showing the arrangement of the proposed development, and accurate representation of the size and shape of the parcel(s) including easements of any kind, all dimensions and parcel orientation. Include appropriate scale and north arrow.
3. Locations, dimensions and height of all existing and proposed buildings and structures, including garages, carports, fences, decks, patio covers and other accessory structures. Include dimensions from each other and from all property lines. Show dimension of eaves projecting beyond a wall or supporting post. Indicate usage of all structures.
4. Elevation of site at two-foot contour intervals for grades zero to 10 percent and at five-foot contour intervals for grades greater than 10 percent.
5. Existing and proposed curbs, sidewalks and curb-cuts. Indicate center line of street(s).
6. Location and detailed layout of off-street parking and loading areas.
7. Location of unstable ground, including high seasonal water table, impermeable soils, areas having a severe soil erosion potential, areas having severely weak foundation soils, significant historical, cultural or archaeological resources, significant wildlife habitat, and rock outcroppings. Note if none of these apply.
8. Archaeological pre-determination report, if necessary.
9. The approximate location and type of vegetation, including individual trees that have a diameter of six inches or more measured four feet above grade. The plan may show clusters of such trees rather than individual trees when individual trees are near one another. Provide proposed plan for compliance with Chapter 20.770 VMC, Tree Conservation, if necessary.
10. Certified mailing list (Type II only). Current Clark County assessor map(s) showing the property(ies) within a 500-foot radius of the site, per the requirements in VMC 20.210.050 and 20.210.060, decision-making procedures, and two sets of mailing labels with the names and addresses of owners of all properties within the 500-foot radius. Such list shall be certified as accurate and complete by the Clark County assessor or a title company. For non-owner-occupied properties, provide mailing labels addressed to “occupant” as can be determined from available county assessor records (two copies). (Ord. M-3840 § 13, 08/06/2007; Ord. M-3663 § 11, 08/02/2004; Ord. M-3643, 01/26/2004)